What Makes a Good Digital Story

What Makes a good digital Story

This week I have been tasked with a new question, that touches upon old ideas. I have been asked, what makes a good digital story? I feel the best stories are the ones told where you get to experience them yourself in 1st person point of view. There is not one true structure that is perfect in making a good digital story. I have learned there are many different literary elements and structures commonly used, that come close to an adequate formula for digital storytelling. For me personally, I feel the choose your own adventure and narrative stories are the best methods.
I have gone in depth about narratives in the last four weeks. I have commented on the two stories She’s a Flight Risk and The Sick Land. These stories are the ones we can relate to the most because it is almost as if we were them. The way our heroes react in the story could make us imagine as the audience, what would we do in these situations. For example, on She’s a Flight Risk “I can tell you who I am- that is who I was. I can tell you what happened to me. I can tell you who I am running from. What I am running from. I can give you my story.” And on The Sick Land” I haven’t dared look in the mirror. My skin, what’s left of it, hangs form my stinging flesh in folds. Occasionally, I spit out a tooth.” As the reader you can imagine these conflicts and facing them as if you were them.
Top of Form
Choose your own adventure Stories, let you decide the narrative. I played and read two digital stories. The Cave Story and [Text a Summer Story]. It was interesting to have some control over what happened to your character. Example, The Cave Story “A SMALL STREAM FLOWS OUT OF THE BUILDING AND
DOWN A GULLY.

go south

YOU ARE IN A VALLEY IN THE FOREST BESIDE A STREAM TUMBLING ALONG A   
ROCKY BED.” Going south is one of the many options where you can influence the story. Example 2 [Text a Summer Story]” Alright, Time to have a look around. Where should I go?
Explore the Shrine
Explore the Island”
They were also both good platforms to make you think, this is what would happen if I made these decisions myself.
After all that I said I feel people follow the best stories that they can relate most to themselves. If you like scary stories, then you as a person may like scary and challenging situations that give you a thrill. If you like love stories you may be the sort of person who is into romance. We could go on all day however, you must ask yourself. What kind of person are you? What drives you the most and makes you want to do certain feelings and actions. I challenge you, readers, to figure yourself out and in turn, realize what stories resonate with you and your life. There is not one true answer or formula that could decide the best story.

Works Cited: 
The Sick Land, The Diary of Alex Case, Researcher
http://thesickland.blogspot.com/2013/03/

Isabella Valeri. Flight (Shes's a flight risk). March 20th, 2003.

Colossal Cave Adventure
https://www.amc.com/shows/halt-and-catch-fire/exclusives/colossal-cave-adventure

[Text] A Summer Story]
 http://www.sakevisual.com/summerstory.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MicroBlog She's a flight risk (2003)

If I Did My Own Podcast

Hello Everyone!!!!