Colossal Cave Adventure Micro Blog

Hello Again everyone!

Today I played an interactive fiction game called Colossal Cave. It reminded me of all the old, choose your own adventure books, I use to read when I was younger. It was a hypertext game, that let you read the story while you input commands, to give your character choices to follow. I admit I had some trouble at first to find out the right commands to use. I personally feel this is a good way to tell a story. Like this and the many narratives, we have read so far, is engaging to certain audiences.
According to The New Digital Storytelling. " Unlike a novel, we have no single, linear direction to follow. Instead, reading a hypertext is something like a hybrid of exploring a space" He talks about how we are the authors. We get to make an impact on the narrative.
This type of storytelling is different because, in a way, we get to experience the narrative as if we were a part of it. Also since there are so many choices the path and ending can always change. Compared to what we have read so far. Though you can always change on what you think about the narrative. You can't actively choose your own adventure in something such as this.
I hope and encourage you all to read and choose your own adventure.
Works Cited: Alexander, Bryan. The New Digital Storytelling: Creating Narratives with New Media. Prager, 2017 pg 18, para 4.

Comments

  1. I've only read one "choose your adventure" book but it was super interesting. I found it at a friend's house and had never seen anything like it. Books like that pique the interest of the reader and make it so much more interesting I think that even those who don't usually like to read would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MicroBlog She's a flight risk (2003)

If I Did My Own Podcast

Hello Everyone!!!!